Teeth in an Hour™ is a state-of-the-art technique that uses dental implants to safely, predictably, and immediately replace missing teeth or stabilize your existing denture. This procedure is often the ideal solution for NYC dental implants patients who have been told they need to have their teeth extracted, those who experience the negative effects of wearing dentures, or those who are missing one or multiple teeth.
The Teeth in an Hour™ treatment is truly a leading-edge procedure. A low radiation 3-D x-ray with virtual reality 3-D software is used to plan the implant placement and allow for teeth placement at the time of surgery. You will never go without teeth during this treatment. Better yet – you will walk out with beautiful teeth – the same day!
The end result for you:
- Immediate function of your dental implants.
- Less pain during the appointment and during the post-operative recovery period.
- A highly esthetic and functional result because of the careful planning.
Steps involved in the Teeth in an Hour™ process
Teeth in an Hour™ is the perfect solution for people who have no teeth (or will have the teeth removed) in either top jaw, bottom jaw, or both. The process is truly remarkable. Historically, patients would have multiple surgeries over the course of 4-9 months to obtain what is now completed in approximately one hour. The process is cutting edge: A CT scan is used with Virtual Reality software to plan the implant placement and fabricate the final bridge (teeth replacement) before the surgery is even performed. This computer guided dental implant surgery is extremely accurate, safe, and allows for virtually painless dental implant treatment. Furthermore, this procedure allows our New York City Teeth in an Hour™ patients to walk out with beautiful teeth the same day!
Step 1: Initial Consultation
The fit and the aesthetics of your denture need to be verified. This denture will be used to design your new set of teeth.
Step 2: Imaging Visit
In seconds, a hi-tech, 3-D scan is performed to gather digital information about your jaw bone.
Step 3: In The Lab
The digital information gathered from the scan is processed by a special planning program to create a 3-D virtual model of your jaw and your removable bridge.
Step 4: Final Office Visit
Once your bridge is fabricated, you return for a one hour incision-free surgery to secure your new set of teeth. Only local anesthesia is needed to numb the tissues. The implant bridge is non-removable and is used as your final bridge.
- A surgical template (similar to a night guard) is placed over your teeth.
- Stabilization pins are used to hold the guide in the correct position.
- Drill sleeves are used to precisely guide the implants into the jaw bone in the exact location where the teeth are planned to be.
- The bridge is positioned over the implants.
- Titanium screws hold the prosthesis in place.
Step 5: On the Way Out
Your implants act like natural teeth and help prevent further jaw bone loss, allowing your bone to become stronger and denser. The Teeth in an Hour™ procedure is safe and fast, allowing you to walk out with beautiful teeth – today!
Advantages of Teeth-in-an-Hour™
- Flapless procedure (no sutures)
- Surgery takes about 1 hour
- Highly accurate procedure
- Virtually painless
- Minimal swelling
- Can return to work the following day
- Cost effective
- Fewer dental visits
- Can be done for the upper or lower jaw (in the same day!)
Patient requirements of Teeth-in-an-Hour™
- Patient must have all bone grafting and extractions done prior to surgery
- Patient and quantity to support Teeth in an Hour™ prosthesis
- Patient must be able to open his/her mouth wide enough to fit instruments
- Patient must have CT scan done – to see if he/she is a candidate for Teeth in an Hour™
If you would like to learn how you can achieve beautiful teeth in an hour, schedule your appointment with one of our talented New York periodontists today either by calling or clicking here.